Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Naked And Famous - Young Blood

I’ve known about this song for a while now; a friend of mine first introduced me to it. I haven’t taken the time yet to learn more about the band and listen to more of their music, but I love this song from them. The effect they put on the keys in the very beginning of the song starts it off on a high note, and once the beat kicks in the song really takes off. It has a big summertime, anthem feel but there’s genuineness to it (that’s highlighted mainly in the lyrics) that I think sets it apart from your regular pop/alternative anthems out there. I think my friend described it best when he was telling me about it. When listening to the song it just brings out the feeling of being a free kid. And using “free kid” in the sense that when you were a kid you didn’t have any cares or worries. You were just enjoying the moment… There are two lines in the song that I think do a good job of summing up that feeling… “Count up all your mistakes…Let go before it's too late”

The Naked and Famous - Youngblood by pcagx

You can purchase that song along with the rest of their album here.  And check them out on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment