Friday, February 24, 2012

The Cab - La La

I’m a huge fan of the late 90s/early 2000s era pop/rock. I love the big production and high-energy beat the genre is filled with. I also love strings. Any strings. There’s something about that sound, whether it be violin, cello, or any electronic string instrument, that instantly sets it apart any song from just another pop hit. Which all leads me to today’s artist … The Cab. I first heard about this band through Twitter when someone I followed recommended their song “Living Louder.” I listened, and I was instantly hooked and desperately searching for more music from my new discovery. As it turns out, The Cab isn’t so new. They’ve been around for a few years, slowly building momentum as an up and coming pop/rock band. Since breaking out with their first album in 2008, The Cab has made a name for itself as being the perfect Jimmy Eat World/Fall Out Boy combo for the next decade. However, it’s their 2nd album, Symphony Soldier, that I think really shows their skill and produces an incredible string/pop sound.  Symphony Soldiers has a mixture of rock-out anthems (“Living Louder” and “Grow Up and Be Kids”), infectious pop songs that make you want to sing out loud (“Temporary Bliss” and “Bad”), and as with any good pop album, a few sentimental ballads reminiscent of young love (“Endlessly” and “Lovesick Fool”). My favorite (other than “Living Louder”) has to be “La La,” which encompasses all the important aspects of 90s pop, string incorporation, and high-energy beats. The best part comes at the beginning of the 2nd minute where they go into the bridge and you get the full effect of the pop/string combo. Check out “La La” below, and if you like that, be sure to go listen to their albums on iTunes.  - Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment