Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gotye - I Feel Better

I just found out about Gotye about 2 weeks ago, though, he is no new comer to the music scene. He’s currently Vh1’s ‘You Oughta Know’ artist and that’s originally where I first heard about him. After hearing his song “Somebody That I Used To Know” I went online to check out more of his work and he’s quickly become one of my new favorite artist. I greatly admire and am inspiring by artists who do music that they love and don’t just follow the mainstream. And I think Gotye definitely does that. It’s hard to categorize his sound or say anything other than its just good! My favorite track from his album would probably have to be “I Feel Better”. It goes in the complete opposite direction, musically, of “Somebody That I Used To Know” with the horns and the overall big band feel to it, but I think its great. I love the lyrics and the track really highlights Gotye’s vocal power… His whole album is really good and I’m definitely looking forward to hearing more from him in the future. Check out the song and give me your thoughts!



You can purchase that song and the rest of his album here. And be sure to check him out on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment