Friday, February 10, 2012

Demi Lovato - Lightweight

Demi Lovato’s latest album was released back in September of last year and at that time when I previewed it I didn’t really care for it. I really enjoyed her first two albums, but musically Unbroken just seemed to be all over the place to me (and not in a good way). The other day, for whatever reason, I decided to go back and give it another listen. And while I still don’t really like the album as a whole, this song “Lightweight” caught my attention. What I think I like most about the song is there’s a perfect balance throughout it. The production never overpowers Demi’s vocals but at the same time Demi never over sings her parts. The song starts off very soft in the beginning with the keys nicely complimenting her vocals as she caries you through the song. Even when the beat kicks in during the second verse its not too much that it takes your focus from her voice… I like this track even more than I did “Skyscraper” and I think it could possibly even work if it was released as a single. But take a listen for yourself and give me your thoughts.



You can purchase "Lightweight" and the rest of the album here.

No comments:

Post a Comment