Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mary J. Blige - Ain't Nobody

I almost feel bad saying this is my favorite song from Mary’s latest album My Life II... The Journey Continues considering this is a cover song. Because while she does have other tracks on her album that I REALLY like, I still have to admit this is by far my favorite… The original version of the song by Chaka Khan is a classic in and of itself but the production on this new version by Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins is just excellent. It still captures all the elements of the original but the synths and strong percussions put a fresh take on the song, and (in my opinion) gives it a sound that not only stands out but is just as worthy to be played along with anything else on the radio right now. And of course Mary’s soulful, signature vocals do nothing short of elevating the song to the next level… With Jerkin’s production and Mary’s vocals combined with the brilliant lyrics, there’s a reason this song has been able to stand the test of time.



You can purchase this song and the rest of the album here. And find out more about her on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment