Thursday, March 29, 2012

Alex Clare - Too Close

You know when you hear a song for the first time and within ten seconds of it you love it? Well that’s how it was for me with this song. I heard it on a commercial (maybe you have too) and all I really heard was the chorus but I was instantly thinking what song/who is that?!… The song comes from British singer-songwriter Alex Clare, who just released his debut album The Lateness of the Hour here in America. He uses slight dubstep influences in many of his songs, which I think is one reason “Too Close” really caught my ear. I’m not even gonna try and pretend I know much about dubstep music but the little I have heard I like. His music is also really heavy on base and drums (as evident in “Too Close” right from the beginning of the song) but he definitely knows how to make it work. Also, I think its Clare’s vocals that really help complete the package as far as ‘his’ sound goes. (He almost sounds like David Gray, but Clare has more of an edge and raspy quality to his voice)… I’ve said it countless times in other posts but I cant help but respect and admire artist who stick to doing music THEY like and don’t just go along with the mainstream. Alex Clare definitely does that.



You can purchase the song here. And be sure to check him out on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment