Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Gotye - Learnalilgivinanlovin

“If you always tryna get to the top, you don’t get to the bottom of nothin”… If those lyrics were the only ones in this entire song, id be completely ok with it. And id also STILL be in love with the song… I did a post on Gotye a little over a month back but that song was from his latest album. This track comes from his first album Like Drawing Blood that was released back in 2006.  I’ve been trying to find all the music I can by him because I think he’s great and the music he creates and puts out is genius. While going through his last album this song stuck out to me, big-time!  When listening to the first couple of seconds, it sounds like something straight out the 60’s or early 70’s, with its elements of funk and early Rock&Roll. But the tambourines and trumpets in the chorus, combined with the percussions and powerhouse vocals from Gotye, almost give the song a gospel/churchy feel. One big thing I’ve noticed about all of Gotye’s songs is that he has a great message in all of them (I cant say enough how much I love  and appreciate artist that really talk about stuff in their music!) and this song is no exception. We could all “Learnalilgivinanlovin”!



You can purchase that song here. And be sure to check him out on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment