Thursday, March 15, 2012

for King & Country - Crave (Track-By-Track Review)

Luke and Joel Smallbone, better known as for King & Country, not to long ago just released their debut album and I can honestly say it was everything I was hoping for and more. Every song has an amazing message and there’s not one song on the album that I would consider a ‘filler’… Their song “Light It Up” was the first post I ever made for my blog, back in January, but at that time they had only released their self-titled EP. But now that the album is out I just thought id give my quick track-by-track review of it…
  1. Light It Up – A really great, high-energy start to the album. I loved this track already from the EP but after hearing their reason behind writing it (You can check that out here), I started liking it even more...
  2. The Proof Of Your Love  - This track is a perfect example of why I say every song has an amazing message. “If I sing but don’t have love, I waste my breath with every song… So let my life be the proof… of Your love”. Those lyrics speak volumes and it’s exactly how I feel and what I try to keep in mind every time I sing. That God can use me to be a blessing to others.
  3. Missing - The melody from the keys and the guitar in the beginning of this track are almost haunting but flow perfectly with the content of the lyrics.
  4. Busted Heart (Hold On To Me) – This was the first song I ever heard by them and the initial reason I started looking to find more music by them. It’s just another example of a great song with a great message. 
  5. People Change – this track is one of my favorites from the album. The chords and the melody they used for it are beautiful, and the violins add a really nice touch to it overall.
  6. Middle Of Your Heart – Again, I really love the melody in this track. It has a really big chorus that has that stadium feel to it. With a full band backing them, this song will definitely get the crowd going. 
  7. Love’s To Blame – When I first got their EP this song was pretty much at a tie with “Light It Up” for my favorite song by them, and now even after hearing the entire album its STILL one of my favorites. I’d definitely consider it the albums "power ballad"
  8. Fine Fine Life – Aside from helping put things/life in perspective for you. When I hear this, it just makes me want to go driving with the windows down, blasting it… “It’s a fine, fine life!” 
  9. Sane – Another mid-tempo track with a nice lyrical story line. I really like the breakdown at the bridge and Luke’s falsetto in this song is amazing.
  10. Pushing On A Pull Door – I really like the song arrangement. It’s just the right follow up to “Sane”.
  11. Crave – I think this was a perfect pick to end the album. The brothers’ vocals, the piano, the light guitar strings and very low-key drums nicely bring the album to a close.

I think Crave is a great debut album and definitely worth the time to give it a listen. Definitely check these guys out! 

You can purchase the album here. And be sure to like/follow them on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment