Friday, March 16, 2012

M83 - Midnight City

This is the first song I admit I like purely because of the music (not that there’s much lyrics in the song anyway)... I first heard a few seconds of it on a TV commercial and not long after that I heard it playing on satellite radio. I haven’t heard a song this EPIC since “There Is Still Hope” by The Sound of Arrows (you can check out that song here. It’s a masterpiece), but from beginning to end this song demands your attention. It starts off light with soft-layered keys but at the 16-second mark they’re joined by power driven synths and hard-hitting stadium style drums (if you listen to the drums specifically, they’re almost reminiscent of a 80’s style beat). But its not until the 3:00 mark that the song takes on a whole new life because of the addition of an out of this world sax solo (that solo is a big reason I think this song is so good)… Music like this inspires me! Check it out!



You can purchase the song here. And be sure to follow/like M83 on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment