Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Frank Ocean - Swim Good

Frank Ocean has been on pretty much every and any ‘Artist To Look Out For In 2012’ list there is. He has a vibe and style that’s all his own and that really sets him apart from other male singers out now. What really stands out for me about him is his voice. It has a soulful, grittiness to it that’s really distinct. Whatever song he’s on you’re gonna know it’s him singing right away... I first heard about him when I was asked to do a cover of his version of the song “Strawberry Swing” (You can check it out here). Through hearing that song by him, I ended up hearing “Swim Good” and it’s definitely my favorite track by him that I’ve heard so far. From the organs that start the song off, to the keys and base in the chorus the song is just nice. It has a calming/chill feel to it that’s also almost haunting… Definitely expect to hear more from his soon. I feel there’s a lot of good music to come from him in the future.



Be sure to check him out on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment