Thursday, January 19, 2012

Josiah Leming - One Last Song

I still remember seeing Josiah Leming’s first audition for Season 7 of American Idol. I couldn’t help but be drawn to him, as an artist, because whenever he would sing, it was so heartfelt and there was so much passion behind his performances. He didn’t make it into the top 24 but thankfully that didn’t stop him from pursuing his music. Fast-forward about 5 years and he’s released 2 EP’s and his debut album “Come On Kid” on major label Warner Bros. Records. I bought his album when it came out. I thought he did a really good job for it being his first full-length album. You could see he definitely has his own style and knows which direction musically he wants to go in. But the album didn’t perform well commercially and he was dropped from Warner Bros. in 2010. He just recently self-released his sophomore album “Another Life”, and while I don’t think its as good as his first album, he did have a few tracks that stood out to me. One in particular is the first single from the album “One Last Song”. To be self-taught, I think Josiah’s a great piano player and the piano lead in the song is beautiful. But I think its Leming’s edgy, almost raspy vocals that really make you fall in love with his music. Without even seeing him you hear the passion and honesty in his voice… I’m sure there’s lots more great music to come from him in the future. I think we’ve yet to see all he can do.


One Last Song by Josiah Leming


***His sophomore album "Another Life" is only available in the UK right now, but you can purchase the single "One Last Song" here. And also you can follow him on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment