Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ryan Star - Stay Awhile

The last time I heard anything (music wise) from Ryan Star was when he released his debut single “Breath” about 3 years ago, and while I really liked that song, this new track “Stay Awhile” is sheer perfection… The new track shows Ryan going in a completely different musical direction than his past effort (which was much more rock). The song is something I’d expect more from Mat Kearney actually but Ryan has a depth and intensity to his delivery of the song that really makes it his own (his voice isn’t one that you easily forget). I love the heavy percussions and really cool guitar rifts through out the track. Along with that, It’s such a far cry from anything else being played on the radio right now, I can’t help but respect it… I don’t know if this is the sound Ryan is leaning more toward for his upcoming album but if so, I cant wait to hear more. What do you think?



The song isn't available for purchase yet but be sure to check him out on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment