Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Katy Perry - Wide Awake

For my first post after a much over due hiatus I chose a song that I’ve had on repeat for the past 2 weeks. The play count on this song according to my iTunes history is 206 plays (yeah it surprised me too. But what can I say, I love the song)… Katy Perry is pretty much the queen of pop at the moment and if you don’t agree, all you have to do is go turn on your radio and I guarantee you there’s a 87% chance it will be a Katy Perry song playing… Of all the singles from her latest album, “Wide Awake” is definitely my favorite. I love the meaning behind the song and I think the mid tempo feel of it is a good change up from Katy’s usual up beat hits. There’s a uplifting, ‘saying goodbye to one chapter and beginning a new one’ type vibe that I get when listening to it, which I really like... I don’t know what else she has up her sleeve musically but I’m definitely interested to see what direction she’ll be heading in once the time rolls around for a new album. But whatever direction that is, I definitely wish you the best Ms Perry!



You can purchase that song here.

No comments:

Post a Comment