Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ed Sheeran - The A Team

Anyone who knows me knows majority of the music I listen to comes from artist from The UK or somewhere in Europe. So the fact that im really starting to get into Ed Sheeran’s music isn’t much of a surprise… His song “The A Team” has already become a huge hit in The UK, and in a few other countries, and now its finally making its way over here to America (I have a feeling its gonna do what Gotye’s song “Somebody That I Used To Know” did and become a #1 hit. But I guess only time will tell). - Now on to the music side of things - First off, I love the lyrics. The story that’s being told isn’t exactly a happy one but the way Ed cleverly pieces it together is stunning (especially after you’ve heard him explain how the song came about and the background behind it). The light acoustic guitars and soft piano throughout the song compliment the lyrics perfectly. And its just upbeat enough that if you weren’t paying attention to the lyrics, you would never know it was talking about such heavy subject matter… Overall I think “The A Team” deserves an A+.  Ed Sheeran is really showing the world just how talented he is and I have no doubt this is only the beginning of more great music to come from him.



You can purchase that song here. And be sure to check him out on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment