Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mêlée - The Ballad of You and I

You know those bands that are so good and a lot of times even better than the popular bands out at the moment, but they just don’t get the recognition they deserve? Well Mêlée is definitely one of those bands. I’ve known about them for a few years now. I first heard them when there song “Stand Up” was playing during a movie I was watching (I don’t remember what movie it was but I do remember Amanda Bynes was in it... Hmmmm... Oh well)… I really started getting into their music when I heard their song “The Ballad of You and I”. First off, Christopher Cron, the lead vocalist, has an amazing voice. His range is just incredible and I really think his vocals are a big reason Mêlée’s songs, as a whole, are so good. He somehow just breaths life into every lyric he sings. They also use a lot of keys in there songs, as evident in “The Ballad of You and I” but it’s never over powering. It always fits nicely with all the other components in their music… It’s been just about 2 years since their last album release, so I’m hoping they’ll be putting out some new material pretty soon. But until then ill keep listening to the amazing stuff they’ve already given us.



Be sure to check them out on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment