Thursday, April 19, 2012

Monica - Time To Move On

Last Tuesday Monica released her sixth studio album New Life. I’m a huge fan of hers so I was really looking forward to this record and when I say she aced it, I mean it in every sense of the word. The album is the true embodiment of classic R&B soul music. One thing I love most about Monica is that she’s real and honest and that’s something that’s made so evident by her music and the songs she sings… While I love the entire album, my favorite track without question is “Time To Move On”. From the first time I heard it, I knew it was a song I’d end up playing over and over again. The styling is very reminiscent of Sam Cook’s “A Change Is Gonna Come” but the overall sound is still relevant to today. Monica sings her heart out in this track and just really brings every lyric of the song to life (she took this track to church!!)… The song is called “Time To Move On” but I wont be moving on from this song for quite a while. Check it out for yourself!



You can purchase this song along with the rest of the album here (buy this album and support good music!)... And be sure to check her out on Facebook and follow her on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment