Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Justin Nozuka - Heartless (feat. India.Arie)

I’m going back a year for today’s post because I think this is such a good song that more people need to know about… This is the type of track I wish was number one on the billboard Hot 100. Great lyrics, great melody and two truly great artists… I’ve been a fan of Justin Nozuka and India.Arie for a while, so when I saw that they did a song together I had a strong feeling it would be good, but after hearing the song, it turned out better than I could have imagined… This is actually the second version of Justin’s song “Heartless”. The original version is only him singing and it’s a bit more stripped down than the version with India. Both are great, but I really love what India brings to the track. Not only do her and Justin’s voice sound great together but also the tone in her voice is beautiful. Its raspy yet still glides flawlessly over the melody of the song. The chord progression from the guitars is really nice and it’s something that really grabs you when you listen to it… The song is called “Heartless” but there’s definitely nothing heartless about this song.



You can purchase that song here. And be sure to check out Justin on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment