Thursday, April 26, 2012

K'NAAN - Is Anybody Out There (feat. Nelly Furtado)

For some reason whenever I heard this song come on the radio I would always change the station, but once I finally took the time to actually listen to it I really liked it… K’NAAN is a rapper/singer from Canada who’s originally from Somalia. I remember first hearing about him a couple of years ago when he did a song with Keane, but this track is the only thing I’ve heard from him since (even though I know he’s put out other music between now and then)... First and foremost I love the lyrics in this track. It’s always really cool to find a song with not only a great message but also a great storyline within that message, and this song definitely has both. It doesn’t have the strongest melody but the vocals from Nelly Furtado more than make up for it (btw she looks absolutely stunning in the music video). The heavy presence of the keys paired with the marching band style drums really makes for a nice beat and vibe for the song overall… I’m sure this isn’t the last ill hear from K’NAAN, but definitely take a listen for yourself.



You can purchase that song here.  And be sure to check him out on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment