Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Wanted - Lightning

With boy bands like Big Time Rush, One Direction, and The Wanted sitting at the top of the charts, I think its pretty safe to say that boy bands are back and in full affect. I’ve never really been one who was into boy bands (even though I grew up during the *NSYNC, and Backstreet Boys era) but I must admit the music coming from these guys is pretty solid… The big song by The Wanted at the moment is “Glad You Came” but they released the single “Lightning” a few weeks ago on iTunes here in America and I really love the track. Not because of my weird obsession with lightning (I’m not sure why I think its so cool. I just do) but because the song is an awesome pop track. It has big melody, (which is always something that catches my ear when I listen to a song for the first time) and a big stadium sound overall. It’s really synth and percussion heavy (as much of pop music now is) but it goes along with their sound and they really know how to make it work… I think the song is a hit, but take a listen for yourself and comment and let me know what you think.



You can purchase that song here. And be sure to check them out on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment