Monday, December 31, 2012

Hurts - All I Want For Christmas Is New Year's Day

For my last post of the year I chose a song that I think perfectly encompasses not only the holiday spirit but also the New Year… Before I dive into it I must say this first year of blogging has been pretty awesome. And it’s all thanks to you guys who read my post. I’m looking forward to writing on all the great new music of 2013!... Now onto the song, I don’t think I’ve ever done a post on the English band Hurts, but they’re one of my favorite European acts. This song is few years old but it has a timeless quality to it. It’s not you typical holiday song because of the deep lyrics but I think that’s what makes it so good. The overall musical sound is typical Hurts; very big and epic. And the “classic holiday bells” add a nice touch to everything, like the icing on a perfectly moist homemade cake. Go ahead and give it a listen for yourself… And Happy New Year!!!


Check them out on Twitter and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment