Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bjørn Johan Muri - Once Upon A Time

Before I get into the heart of this post, let me just start by saying if I went clubbing this is the type of music id want them to play. Its just happy and fun (as you can tell from my last post im kinda in a happy dance feel at the moment. I don’t why but hey, life is beautiful. You just have to take the time to stop and realize it. There’s so much to be thankful for)… So anyway, Bjørn Johan Muri is a Norwegian singer who gained popularity after competing on the Norwegian version of the show Pop Idol. I found out about him about a week ago from another music blog I follow and I’ve been hooked to his music ever since. This song is from his first album Airwaves. It wasn’t a single but I definitely think it more than had the potential to be. It’s commanding right from the start with the big (almost tribal type) percussions and underlining base line. Bjørn uses his vocals to melodically carry much of the song through out the verses, until the chorus when his backups come in to really make the overall vibe and sound even bigger. The addition of rapper Lidolido adds a nice breakaway from the core of the song but the even without his part the song more than stands on its own… Every time I listen to this I just wanna dance. I cant wait for hear what he comes up with for his new album... But enough from me, go listen to it for yourself!



Be sure to follow him on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment