Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ellie Goulding - I Know You Care

Ellie Goulding has just recently come on the scene here in America but I’ve known about her for quite sometime now. I remember hearing her songs “Starry Eyed” and “Lights”, long before the rest of the US caught on, and being intrigued by her sound and unique voice … I came across this song while on YouTube (it was on the sidebar) and decided to give it a listen. Half way into the song I was in love with it. This type of track doesn’t have any eccentrics or special features to it but that’s what makes it so good. It’s simple but beautiful. The melody from the keys is heartbreaking but Ellie’s bright, airy vocals are like fresh snowfall on a house that’s just burned down. As she sings, “I know you care, I know its always been there. But there’s trouble ahead…” she’s still somehow able to give the song beauty amongst the tragedy… I took a listen to the rest of her album Halcyon (which this song is on) and overall it’s a great compilation of work. This song is definitely one of my favorites (if not my favorite) from it. But go ahead and take a listen for yourself below.  - the video is pretty cool to -



You can purchase the song here. And be sure to check out Ellie on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment