Friday, May 4, 2012

Mat Kearney - Runaway

Mat Kearney just released the deluxe addition of his latest album Young Love, on Tuesday, and my favorite track from the group of new songs he released, is without a doubt “Runaway”… Mat’s latest album had an overall sound I can’t quite explain (but I say that in a good way), and “Runaway” definitely stays true to that sound. The song has heavy percussions along with gritty keys and guitar that really make for a good combination and give the song a style unlike anything that you might hear on the radio right now. With that said, Mat has a serious knack for using/making beats that just make you want to clap your hands and jam out to the song. And I can’t go without mentioning the awesome storyline that’s being told through the lyrics (but I can’t say I expected anything less. All of Mat’s songs have great story lines)… I think this song, along with the others, is a great addition to an already perfect album and really makes me anxious to hear what else Mat has up his sleeve.

Mat Kearney - Runaway by Veronika1

You can purchase that song here. And be sure to check him out on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment