Thursday, May 3, 2012

James Fortune & FIYA - Hold on (feat. Monica & Fred Hammond)

I’ve grown up listening to gospel music all my life. In fact, until I was about 13 that’s pretty much all I was aloud to listen to. Voices like CeCe Winans, Yolanda Adams, and Donnie McClurkin were constantly playing though out my house as a kid, so I’m definitely no stranger to this genre of music… I chose this song for today’s post mainly because of the message. The music part is great as well (Monica delivers a flawless vocal on this track that really just takes it to a whole new level, and Fred puts the icing on the cake with his signature and distinct vocal style) but again it’s the message that I love so much in the song. We all have tough things we’re dealing with in life and it never hurts to have some encouragement to just hold on and don’t give up… Hats off to James Fortune for writing such an uplifting song. Hope it can be a blessing to you the way it’s been a blessing to me.

Hold On - James Fortune & FIYA ft. Monica & Fred Hammond by sultryfreckles

You can purchase that song here. And be sure to check out James Fortune on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment